Useful Information

Entrance card to MAI territory

Every MAI student has his own entrance card to MAI territory.

In order to obtain the card you need to fill in the application in Main Administrative Building, room 111 and follow the instructions of ISEC employees (International Students Educational Center).

Student ID-card and mark book

Student ID-card is a student’s identification document.

Mark book is necessary for taking all kinds of examinations. It contains all the marks and records of student’s academic achievements. In order to obtain the documents you need to bring two photos (3 cm × 4 cm) to Main Administrative Building, room 324 within 14 days from the first day of classes.

The documents will be ready:

  • On October 1 if your study starts on September, 1;
  • On November 1 if your study starts on October, 2.

Student ID-card and mark book are issued to the full-time students of Bachelor and Master Degree programs.

Student’s social card

Every full-time student of Bachelor and Master programs can obtain student’s social card. It can be used as a bank card, as a transport card for unlimited number of rides on subway, trams, buses, trolleybuses, monorail (the total cost will be about 800 rubles per month); as a discount card in shops and state museums.

In order to obtain student’s social card you need to bring the following:

  1. The application form (you can fill the form in Main Administrative Building, room 111);
  2. Photo (3 cm × 4 cm);
  3. Passport ;
  4. The official translation of the passport;
  5. Student ID-card.

You need to apply for student’s social card by yourself at any department of "Moi dokumenty".

If you live in MAI hostel it would be easier for you to contact their office (Tushinskaya metro station, ulitsa Tushinskaya, 17, shopping center "Prazdnik". Office hours: 8:00 – 20:00 Monday to Sunday).

The period of document execution – 30 days.

Please note that you can issue student’s social card only after receiving student ID-card.

Medical insurance

Students can get a medical insurance in Main Administrative building, room 111.

Medical insurance costs 10000 rubles.

The period of document execution – 1 week.

Medical insurance is mandatory for all students.

Migration registration of foreign citizens

When entering the territory of the Russian Federation, each foreign citizen must fill out a migration card and have it on hand during the entire period of stay in the Russian Federation. Immediately after arriving in the Russian Federation, foreign citizens who live in MAI dormitory must submit documents for initial migration registration to the International department (room 111).

For the preparation and subsequent submission of documents to the migration department, you must provide the following documents:

  • a copy of all pages of your passport (including the blank ones)
  • a copy of your migration card


  • Foreign citizens must keep in mind the validity of their documents.
  • Foreign citizens who live at a private apartment must register for migration at their actual residence address within 7 working days from the date of arrival in the Russian Federation, and provide MAI International Department with a copy of the detachable part of the notification (room 111).

Visa-required citizens

To stay on the territory of the Russian Federation, you must have the following documents on hand:

  • passport with a valid visa;
  • migration card with a stamp on crossing the border;
  • a detachable part of the notification form on the arrival of a foreign citizen in the Russian Federation with a mark of the territorial authority of the Migration Department on registration at the place of your temporary stay/residence (the so-called "registration").

The extension of the period of a foreign citizen’s temporary stay on the territory of the Russian Federation is carried out by issuing a new multiple-entry study visa for up to 1 year.

The following application documents for a new multiple-entry visa must be submitted to MAI International Department (room 111) 30 working days before expiry of the existing visa:

  • Copies of ALL pages of your passport (including the blank ones).
  • Original and copy of the detachable part of the notification form on the arrival of a foreign citizen at place of stay (“registration”).
  • A copy of your migration card.
  • 1 photo (3×4 cm).
  • A paid receipt of the state fee for a multiple entry visa. You need to get the payment details in room 111.
  • A copy of your training agreement, or your direction from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.


A foreign citizen from a country with a visa regime of stay, who has not submitted documents for a new visa in time, is obliged to leave the territory of Russia within the validity period of his existing visa and return to study on a new invitation.

The period of temporary stay may be extended or reduced if conditions have changed or the circumstances under which the foreign citizen was allowed to enter the Russian Federation have ceased to exist.

Completion or termination of training is the basis for reducing the period of temporary stay of the foreign citizen in the Russian Federation.

Or you can write to us using the form below

Please check this field
Please check this field
Please check this field
Please check this field
Please check this field

* Required fields