IT-Center of MAI held Digital Aviation Hackathon
On May 31, within the framework of the Digital Aviation Forum-2018, the IT-Center of Moscow Aviation Institute conducted Digital Aviation Hackathon.
In total, 15 teams took part in the competitions. Among the participants were more than 30 students of Moscow Aviation Institute, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Tula State University and other Russian universities, as well as schoolchildren and representatives of IT-companies. Participants had to offer a solution and create a prototype on one of six cases fr om the partner companies: Aeroflot, UTair, VisionBox, Skylights and 7RedLines. And some of the cases had to be presented in English. The teams had only eight hours to develop a solution.
The jury and experts of the event consisted of Leonid Marmer, General Director of Amadeus in Russia, Gagik Grigoryan, Director of Analytical Department of UTair, Mikhail Portnoy, Director of Project Management Department, “Aeroflot - Russian Airlines” and many others.
Following the results, the winners were:
- United team "Chinese pilot" in the nomination "Biometry in Aviation"
- The team "Dobot" in the category "Business Analytics"
- The team “Lambda” fr om MAI in the nomination "Airline Schedule"
- The team "ITSS" represented by Maxim Yeremin (MAI, Faculty No. 8) in the nomination "Assistant of the Passenger"
- The team "NFTeam" in the category "VR on board"
- The team of HSE students and MIPT "Russian Hackers" in the nomination "Travel Planning".
All the winners were awarded with certificates, as well as valuable prizes from Hackathon partners! Among the prizes were a training course from the IT-center of MAI, books from Alpina Pablisher, certificates for training from SkyEng, as well as brand prizes from the companies such as Amadeus, UTair, Aeroflot.
Also at the Digital Aviation Forum platform, wh ere Digital Aviation Hackathon was held, the participants had the opportunity to communicate with many companies of the aviation industry, to present their ideas, to receive feedback and contacts.