In 2016 MAI adopted a new development strategy, hugely intensifying our presence on a global market. Since then we’ve been developing new programs, connections, inclusive infrastructure and following top trends of higher education market.
As a result, in 2019 MAI takes part in most prestigious international and regional university rankings:
- MAI has been selected among the top 400 universities in the world, and among the Russian universities listed in the top 25 in the Times Higher Education Emerging Economies University Rankings 2019.
- MAI was included in Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019 edition into the list of top-20 Russian Universities;
- MAI entered the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Engineering & Technology, being ranked Top-15 in Russia.
- Since the establishment of both rankings MAI has been included in QS BRICS University Rankings and QS EECA University Rankings, now being listed among top-30 Russian Universities.
On the way to Russian University elite group, in 2019, MAI has recently established a strong position in most comprehensive national academic rankings:
- RAEX Ranking Agency: MAI entered top-25 in National Universities Rankings; was awarded a diploma in the nomination Development of International Integration; took the 15th place in the nomination “The Relevance of Graduates by Employers”.
- In inventive activity rankings from Expert Analytical Center MAI has taken 3rd position.
- In Expert Analytical Center subject Rankings MAI hold the 25th position on 4 subjects: IT, Engineering, Mathematics and Materials Science.
- MAI is in the list of top-10 Russian Universities by Forbes elite factor.
- According to popular headhunting portal Superjob MAI has got into the list of top-10 Russian technical Universities by alumni employability.