International aeronautical rocket-model competition at the MAI aerodrome
It took stock of the international competitions in rocket-model sport "World Cup Stage on the models of the Korolev's Cup", which took place from May 18 to May 20, 2018 at the training and aviation base of MAI “Alferevo”. This year teams from Russia, Belarussia, Uzbekistan and Lithuania came to the competitions and fought for individual and team victories in the following disciplines:
- Models of rocket planes for the duration of the flight S4A,
- Models of missiles for the duration of descent on the tape S6A,
- Models of missiles for the duration of the descent by parachute S3A,
- Models of radio-controlled rocket-planes for flight duration and landing accuracy S8E / P,
- The models of missiles for the duration of descent on the rotor S9A,
- Models of missiles copies for the flight realism S7.
By tradition, on the day of the opening ceremony, the Vice rector of MAI on academic affairs – Dmitry Kozorez - and director of the training and aviation base- Eegenе Kozhevnikov-, wished everyone, despite the rainy weather, successful starts and the achievement of planned heights.
Participants from Russia underwent training and preparation for competitions both in rocket modeling classes in the framework of the curriculum and at additional sessions of MAI, which were held at the Laboratory of Engineering Classes in the robotics department of the 7th faculty. The students independently prepared their missiles and many of them took part in the international competitions for the first time.