New Year rugby tournament was held in MAI
On December 29, 2018, the First New Year's rugby-touch tournament among international students' teams was held in MAI. Five teams took part in the competition:
- freshmen team consisting of students from Malaysia
- a team of second-year students, in which, in addition to Malaysian students, a representative of Benin took part
- a third-year student team from Malaysia
- a team of fourth-year students, in which, in addition to Malaysian students, a representative of Botswana took part
- a team of students from Egypt
The teams played in a circular system, that is, each team met with all the competitors. According to the results of the hot, uncompromising struggle, the first place was taken by the team of fourth-year students, consisting of representatives of Malaysia and Botswana: Shakh Ridzvan, Velton Muzorewa and Adib Khazik.
The first-year students' team had a stubborn resistance to the favourites, which won them the silver medal of the tournament. Third place was taken by a team of third-year students. The fourth was the national team of second-year students, in which Malaysian students and Benin's representative Michel Dossu Zyonn played together.
All participants in the competition were given memorable souvenirs.